Directed by Anthony P. Rodriguez
Musical Direction by Ann-Carol Pence
Choreography by Ricardo Aponte
Gwinnett’s longest running theatrical holiday tradition, Christmas Canteen, returns for its 19th season. This nostalgic musical revue is a Winter Wonderland that just keeps getting better. Combined with the awe-inspiring Festival of Trees, it will be a Holly Jolly Christmas and then some!
Act I: 60 minutes; Act II: 50 minutes. There is one 15-minute intermission.
Aurora’s Christmas Canteen is a part of the
All remaining performances of Christmas Canteen are sold out. Email the Box Office if you would like to be put on a wait list for cancellations. You may also come to the theatre on the night of a performance and any unused seats will be sold. Thank you for your continued support of Aurora Theatre.
November 20–December 21, 2014
Wednesday–Saturday at 8:00pm*
Saturday & Sunday at 2:30pm
Wednesday Discount Matinees
December 10 & 17 at 10:00am
Tickets from $20
*No performances November 26 & 27
The Festival of Trees
In the lobby for Christmas Canteen 2014, Aurora’s Festival of Trees supports both the United States Marine Corps Toys for Tots drive and local food banks. From the whimsically clever to the breathtakingly spectacular, the Festival of Trees decks the halls of Aurora Theatre with almost 30 trees decorated by local businesses. In our year of going above+beyond we challenge our patrons to bring a new unwrapped toy AND a non-perishable food item to put under their favorite tree and to help ensure that everyone has a great holiday season. Generous thanks to the Holtkamp Can Challenge who handles the food drive delivering much needed food to our local food banks.
Carols & Cocoa
Send someone you love a little Holiday Cheer! For $45 you can send our Aurora Christmas Carolers to their door to sing a few songs and give them their own Aurora Custom Cocoa Gift Set. Send them to your family or friends, make someone’s Holiday Party a little extra special, or even surprise them at work!
Friday & Saturday, December 12 & 13 and 19 & 20
Carolers can be sent to the following ZIP Codes:
30017, 30019, 30024, 30043, 30044, 30045, 30046, 30097
All proceeds support the Aurora Theatre Apprentice Company
Autism & Sensory Friendly Performance
The Saturday, December 20 matinee performance (2:30pm) of Christmas Canteen will be an Autism & Sensory Friendly Performance designed and intended for families with children or adults on the autism spectrum or who have other sensory issues. At these performances the theater environment will be altered, providing a safe, sensory-friendly, comfortable and judgment-free space that is welcoming for these families. While the performance will be performed as written, adjustments have been made to alleviate any overly loud sounds, jarring noises and intense lighting. Aurora Theatre offers this programming, as we are committed to making theater and the arts accessible to all audiences.
- House lights will remain partially lit during the whole performance.
- Assistive communication devices, and headphones are allowed.
- Judgment-free experience—because all of the audience members at the performance will be aware of the make up of the audience population, there will not be an issue of behavior expectations.
- Cast and crew members will have received training to ensure that they are aware of audience needs.
- A brief pre-show introduction of the actors in costume (but out of character) to reinforce the fact that the production is pretend.
- An expectation that audience members are likely to vocalize and move around during the production.
- A separate, staffed “chill-out” space outside the auditorium to allow people to leave the performance if needed (we expect to have a video monitor in the lobby that will show the on-going performance on the stage).
- We are holding training sessions to educate our cast and crew, ushers and house staff.
- We will post a “Social Story” online to help familiarize families with the environment before attending the performance (including parking deck, lobby, audience seating).
Check out our Social Story to get familiar with what our Theatre looks like.*
*You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open the Social Story file. You can download it free here.
|Producing Artistic Director/Director||Anthony P. Rodriguez|
|Associate Producer/Music Director||Ann-Carol Pence|
|Associate Artistic Director||Justin Anderson|
|Resident Stage Manager||Katie Chambers*|
|Assistant Stage Manager||Alexandra Mahoney|
|Set Designer||Phil Male|
|Lighting Designer||Mary Parker|
|Sound & Video Designer||Daniel Pope|
|Costume Designer||Alan Yeong|
|Company Manager/Props Designer||Katie Pelkey|
|Technical Director||Daniel Terry|
|Associate Technical Director||Joel Schiebout|
|Scenic Artist||Sarah Thomson|
|Sound Board Operator||Sarah Pindak|
|Follow Spot Operator||Molly Huntington|
|Follow Spot Operator||Sergio Rubio|
|Music Director/Keyboard||Ann-Carol Pence|
*Member of Actors’ Equity Association, the Union of Professional Actors and Stage Managers in the United States.