Aurora Theatre Presents
Apprentice Company 2020-2021
Jun 01, 2020-May 31, 2021
Post-Graduate Training Program for Aspiring Professionals
Emerging Theatre professionals join Aurora Theatre’s staff for a year-long intensive that will prepare them for a career in the arts. There are several different tracks which provide emerging artist with valuable hands on experience in all aspects of theatre making, which will make them a valuable commodity in this competitive world.
The Aurora Apprentice Company is designed to help emerging artists bridge the gap between Educational and Professional Theatre. Apprentices will participate in a series of classes and workshops with Aurora’s staff, as well as, with guest artists and workshops with Dad’s Garage Theatre Company, Center for Puppetry Arts, Atlanta Shakespeare Company, Drama Inc, and more. These emerging theatre professionals will be on stage, backstage, in our costume and scene shops, and at all our big events this year so be sure to say “Hello!”
Now Accepting Applications for our 2020-2021 Apprentice Company Season!
Acting Audition dates, times and scheduling process will be announced soon!
Here’s what you can expect from us:
- A Paid Stipend for Rehearsals, Shows, Crew Work, etc.
- Hands on experience in Costuming, Stage Management, and Technical Theatre
- Training/FREE Classes with Aurora Staff: Auditioning, Education, Dance, Voice, Readers Theatre, Administrative, Scene Study, Working in the Business, and more!
- Networking with Atlanta Theatre Professionals
- Opportunity to design: Costume, Light or Sound
- A Chance to Study with Atlanta’s Finest: Workshops with our friends at Center for Puppetry Arts, Dad’s Garage Theatre Company, Drama Inc, Serenbe Playhouse, and other Atlanta professionals
- Professional Credits working on productions
- Understudy opportunities
- Experience as Teaching Assistants
- Showcase at the end of the Season for family, friends, and Industry Folks.
- Assistant Directing Opportunities throughout the Season.