LAC Limited Engagement
Nov 05, 2022
Don’t miss your chance to see this international touring sensation at a special matinee concert event! The ultimate fusion band merges western classical, eastern European folk, Latin and jazz with an organic feel that packs a wallop! The ensemble’s razor-sharp precision is enhanced by jazzy interludes, lightly rumbling percussion motifs and mesmerizing rhythms. Quarteto Nuevo meld the music of ancient worlds and faraway places with a contemporary groove that enchants audiences of all ages! These master musicians create emotionally charged soundscapes with instruments and sensibilities that represent very different world cultures. Join us for this once-in-lifetime experience you will never forget.
Quarteto Nuevo’s unique instrumentation – soprano saxophone/alto flute (Damon Zick), cello (Jacob Szekely), guitar (Kenton Youngstrom) and hand percussion (Felipe Fraga) – richly colors their wide-ranging repertoire, from Heitor Villa-Lobos’ “Bachianas Brasileiras” and Chick Corea’s “Children’s Song No. 6” to Traditional Macedonian “Gadjarsko” and original works “Hector, Desmond and Titus”, “Rain Song” and “Dizer O Que”.
|Damon Zick – soprano saxophone, woodwinds|
|Kenton Youngstrom – acoustic guitar|
|Jacob Szekely – cello|
|Felipe Fraga – percussion|
SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS as of 3/7/22:
- Vaccinated patrons use of face masks is optional.
- Unvaccinated patrons are strongly encouraged to wear masks.
- Anyone exhibiting any signs of coronavirus, including but not limited to cough, fatigue, headache, excessive sneezing or elevated temperature, are asked to stay home.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available.
- Lawrenceville Arts Center has adopted state of the art air-handling equipment, including extensive UV filtration units, to provide cleaner, fresher air.
We believe that maintaining the health and safety of our community, including our staff, artists and patrons, shouldn’t be a matter of debate or political preference. To that end, we ask everyone in our community to respect these policies.
Thank you for your understanding, cooperation and patience.
The situation is fluid. Please check our website for updates.