Aurora Theatre Presents
Apprentice Company 2021-2022
Jun 01, 2021-May 31, 2022
We will be reigniting our Apprentice Company program for the 2021-2022 cycle!
Post-Graduate Training Program for Aspiring Professionals
Our Apprentice Company is a program for post-graduate emerging theatre professionals to join Aurora Theatre’s staff for a year-long intensive that will prepare them for a career in the arts and applicable professional arenas. There are several different tracks which provide emerging artist with valuable hands-on experience in a variety of aspects of theatre making, creating, and amplifying, which will help make them a valuable commodity in this competitive world.
Art is a deep expression of self and to know oneself is to explore personal possibility, growth, and potential. In the Apprentice Company program, we aim to foster a safe and fruitful learning environment where participants can create, hone, and honor the process of process. We work together to navigate meaningful ways to bring a palpable message to the audiences who will see the work. You will be treated with respect in this program while being encouraged and inspired to be your best self, be brave, be bold, be committed, be kind, and be an art innovator.
The Aurora Apprentice Company program infrastructure is designed to help artists bridge the gap between educational and professional theatre through innovation. Apprentices will participate in a series of classes and workshops with Aurora’s staff, as well as with guest artists and workshops in acting, Shakespeare, voiceover, puppetry, branding, art in relation to digital & social media content creation and application, new works development, improv, sketch comedy, stand up, and more. These emerging theatre professionals will be on stage, backstage, in our costume and scene shops, and at all our special events, so be sure to say “Hello!” when you see them around the theatre and around the community at large.
Here’s what you can expect from us:
- A Paid Stipend for Rehearsals, Shows, Crew Work, etc.
- Hands on experience in Acting, Costuming, Stage Management, and Technical Theatre
- Training/FREE Classes with Aurora Staff: Auditioning, Self-Tape Tools, Education, Dance, Voice, Administrative, Scene Study, Time-Management, and more
- Networking with Atlanta Theatre Professionals
- Community Service Opportunities
- Opportunities to Design: Digital Art, Costume, Light or Sound
- A chance to study with Atlanta’s art professionals with vast amounts of experience
- Professional Credits Working on Productions
- Performance Opportunities
- Experience as Teaching Assistants
- A Showcase at the end of the Season for family, friends, and Industry Folks
- Assistant Directing Opportunities throughout the Season